Two weeks prior to the event, your team will receive its start time based on the team’s estimated pace. Each runner submits an estimated pace when he or she registers. You will check-in at Enchanted Rock State Park just before your start time.
The rules of the Run to the Sun Relay are as follows:
- Every runner is required to wear reflective gear including a vest and headlight. Your team will be given 2 reflective vests, blinkies and a hat with an LED light in your packet. Each team should have 2 vests to ensure that the runner on the course and the runner waiting to go are visible.
- NO headphones are allowed for runners while on the route. This is for everyone’s safety and there are no exceptions to this rule.
Please note: We are not giving prizes or awards for fastest time so please make safety your team’s #1 priority and make sure we are all together at sunrise on Sunday morning at Laguna Gloria.
Train for the Run to the Sun Relay as though you were training for a 10K or Half-Marathon. If you would like to speak to someone about training, please contact Jay at email@example.com
Items to bring along include:
• 2 flashlights or headlamps, or 1 with extra batteries
• LED blinking lights (we will provide)
• Reflective vests (we will provide 2 vests per team)
• Stop-watches, clipboard and pens (to record times for the team members)
• First Aid kit
• Cooler with ice (recommended in case someone sustains an injury requiring RICE – rest, ice, compression, elevation)
• Snacks, drinks, etc.
• Maps (not just race maps, but Texas and Austin-Fredericksburg area maps could be helpful as well)
• Cell phones (as if you wouldn’t bring them!)
• Baby wipes and spray bottles (or other creative washing mechanism)
• Clothes to run in weather as cool as 40 degrees and as warm as 90, or even in rain
• Hat or visor to mitigate glare of oncoming traffic and sunglasses
• Change of shoes
• Plastic bags for damp clothing, etc.
• Sleeping bag or pillow and blanket
• Toiletries and sunscreen
• Water bottle
• Sandals or flip-flops for between runs
• Money for meals, etc.