Run to the Sun Team Captains
By signing up as a Run to the Sun Team Captain, you have made a difference in the fight against Batten Disease.
The beneficiary, Beyond Batten Disease Foundation, will support you every step of the way.
- Run to the Sun overview
- Online registration system
- Donation link to send to potential donors and team sponsors and other tools to help you fundraise
- Professional training run opportunities in the spring leading up to the event
- Team Captain kickoff event hosted by Lance Thompson, Event Chair
- Beyond Batten Disease Foundation website providing details about use of funds and current research programs
- Templates for email donation solicitation and scripts for in-person or phone donation requests
How to Start a Team
It’s easy! Register as a runner today. Once you’ve registered, you’ll receive an email with a link to your Advocacy Center (“Manage Your Page”). In your Advocacy Center, click on the “Teams” tab. Go to “Create a Team” and enter your team’s name. Now that you’ve created a team, you can use the tools provided in the Teams tab to invite your teammates to join your team.
Each team is asked to raise a minimum of $5,000. With over 30 teams participating, this will generate over $150,000 for Beyond Batten. We do know that some of our teams will choose to go above and beyond and in recognition of their efforts, we are providing the following for each team member:
- $5,000: Run to the Sun dri-fit runners shirt and Run to the Sun LED hat
- $10,000: Run to the Sun travel bag (+shirt and hat)
- $25,000: Pre-relay pasta dinner (+shirt, hat and bag)
- $50,000: Run to the Sun commemorative watch (+ all of the above)